1. Consult with your doctor, physical therapist or other appropriately licensed practitioner in your state to determine if the use of PainShield® MD is appropriate for you.
| || |
2. Obtain a prescription for PainShield MD. The prescription must be from a medical doctor, or in those states which allow it, from a physical therapist. The prescription should state your details and the words "Please dispense one PainShield MD."
You may need to scan or fax us the prescription. If the prescription has security features the word VOID or similar will appear on the scanned or faxed document. Please have your doctor write the prescription on plain paper with his/her letterhead.
3. Send us the prescription
By mail to: KevMed, LLC. 15305 Dallas Parkway, Suite 300,Addison, TX 75001
By fax: 972 931 5476
We can not ship out a PainShield MD until we have received a valid prescription.
Payment and Reimbursement
We have had recent success in obtaining reimbursement approval for some patients and can contact your payor (insurance company) on your behalf.
1. Please call us (972 931 5596) or fill out our Contact form for further instructions.
2. We will attempt to obtain pre-approval for your purchase of PainShield MD.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that your insurance company will authorize coverage.
3. Once we have heard from your payor we will contact you regarding the coverage and your co-payment.
- Please note the extent of coverage, if any, will vary considerably depending on your policy, its deductibles etc.
4. If you prefer, you can purchase PainShield MD immediately and then attempt yourself to obtain reimbursement.
- Some patients may be able to use funds from a "flexible health spending account" if you have one.
- Please see our guide to submitting a claim for PainShield MD to your insurance company under the FAQ section of this website.
- Currently there is no reimbursement code for in-home use of PainShield MD.
1. Credit card - we will take your payment information by phone (972 931 5596)
2. PayPal - we will send you a PayPal invoice by email. You can use your PayPal account, or just pay by credit card via PayPal even if you do not have a PayPal account.
- Using this method, you may qualify for interest free financing offered by PayPal.